With California communities increasingly exposed to climate change-related threats, California Insurance Commissioner Ricardo Lara wrote the nation’s first climate insurance law to explore innovative strategies that reduce the risk. He appointed a working group of subject matter experts to make recommendations as to how California can harness insurance to better manage climate risks. In this webinar, a few members of the working group will discuss the findings and next steps for California and other places wishing to harness innovative insurance approaches.
• Opening remarks by California Insurance Commissioner Ricardo Lara
• Mike Peterson (moderator), CA Department of Insurance
• Alice Hill, Council on Foreign Relations
• Carolyn Kousky, Wharton Risk Center
• Serena Sowers, Swiss Re
• Raghuveer Vinukollu, Munich Re
This webinar is part of a series this summer and fall hosted by the Wharton Risk Center on insurance and climate change. Please find details for the series online here: riskcenter.wharton.upenn.edu/insuranceconversations/